In 2012 the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a national partnership with the mission to improve quality of care provided to individuals with dementia who are living in nursing homes.
The Colorado Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes is now available and aligns with the goals to:
- Deliver health care that is person-centered, comprehensive and interdisciplinary;
- Help reduce anti-psychotic medications where a valid, clinical indication does not exist;
- Implement a systematic process to evaluate each individual;
- Promote the rethinking of approaches that are utilized in dementia care; and
- Reconnect with people using person-centered care approaches and restoring good health and quality of life in nursing homes.
If you have questions regarding the Colorado Partnership or wish to participate, please contact Penny Cook at 303-868-4311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.