Health facilities are advised that
- Infants under the age of 6 months should not drink the water until further communication.
- The water should NOT be used for making baby formula.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid consuming the water.
- Please review this FAQ Sheet for a list of other persons, health conditions, and medications that might be sensitive to high levels of nitrate in drinking water.
- Substitute bottled water for tap water for drinking and cooking until the nitrate advisory is lifted.
- Boiling tap water will NOT get rid of the nitrate; it only concentrates it.
- It is safe to bathe or shower in tap water with elevated nitrate levels.
Additional communications will be issued by the City of Burlington on Monday and as the situation progresses. We are also monitoring the situation and will provide additional information as needed.
If you have questions about this message, please contact Melanie Roth @ 303-692-2819.