To report these data, you can use either the Colorado Health Facility Portal (state portal) or the National Health Safety Network (NHSN). Data should be submitted through only one of these systems. Reporting to either system will meet the reporting requirement.
Reporting parameters are listed for each tool to report your 2013-2014 data.
NOTE: some requirements for NHSN have changed from last year.
HF Portal: Reporting requirements same as 2012-1013.
- When to count employees for denominator: October 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013
- Days employees must work to be counted in the denominator: 30 days
- Deadline to submit data through portal: March 31, 2014
NHSN: Reporting requirements have changed from 2012-2013.
- When to count employees for denominator: October 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014
- Days employees must work to be counted in the denominator: 1 day
- Deadline to submit data through portal: May 15, 2014
- Flu immunizations for HCW staff at outpatient clinics do not need to be reported
For additional resources, please visit http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPHE-DCEED/CBON/1251638870169 and click the gray tab called Board of Health Rule for Influenza Immunization.