If your facility submits its annual health care worker influenza data through the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) and you have not yet reported your 2015-16 data, please do so by May 15, 2016.
Reminder: If a facility has its own license and location, it must report separately. When a hospital or other facility type has multiple locations, those locations are licensed individually and therefore, should report separately. Agencies that have separately licensed facility types, even if they are at the same location, should report separately.
Reporting requirements for your 2015-2016 data are listed below:
- Timeframe to count employees for denominator: October 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016.
- Minimum number of days employees must work to be counted in denominator: 1 day.
- Deadline to submit data through portal: May 15, 2016.
- If you have trouble accessing NHSN or reporting your data, please call 1-866-800-8756 or send an email to NHSN@cdc.gov and in the subject line include "2015 - 2016 HCW Flu Reporting."
Important: Acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, outpatient dialysis facilities, and inpatient psychiatric facilities already using NHSN to report state reportable infections or HCW influenza vaccination data for Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement should only report their data once through NHSN. HCW influenza vaccination data reported into NHSN, as required by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services, also fulfills state influenza vaccination reporting requirements.
Reminder: If you report HCW influenza vaccination data through NHSN, please ensure that you have joined the Colorado Influenza Reporting Group. This can be down as follows:
1. In NHSN, use the left hand blue navigation bar, click Group and Join
2. Enter 27648 for both the group id and joining password
3. Click Join Group
4. At the Confer Rights page, scroll to the bottom of page and hit accept.
Additional resources can be found by visiting https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/categories/services-and-information/health/prevention-and-wellness/immunization and clicking on the Policy and Board of Health Rules tab.
For other questions regarding the rule, please call Tamara Hoxworth at 303-692-2930 or Erica Bloom at 303-692-2789.